First Aid


Woman: You’re bleeding! What did you do to yourself?
Man: I just slipped and fell against the door. I think the door handle must have cut me.
Woman: It looks pretty nasty. Do you think you should go to A&E (accident and emergency)?
Man: No, I don’t think so. I’ll just clean it up, put a dressing on it, and it’ll be fine.
Woman: Alright, let’s see… Take this towel, make sure you keep pressure on it.
Man: OK. Do you have any disinfectant?
Woman: Yeah, somewhere. I’ll look for it in a minute. Are you sure you don’t want to go to hospital? It’s quite a big cut. I think it might need stitches.
Man: Well, let’s stop the bleeding and get it clean, and then we can have a proper look.
Woman: Something like that won’t heal well if you don’t get stitches. You’ll have a bad scar.
Man: Yeah, but you know what it’s like in A&E. We’ll have to wait for hours.
Woman: At least we need to check that it’s clean and there’s no dirt or anything inside it. If it gets infected, you’ll have a serious problem.

Man: Hmm, I suppose you’re right. OK, let’s put a dressing on it, then we can go.

Post a Comment

Ali Sajjad
Newer Posts Older Posts
© Copyright Listening English
Back To Top